Are you feeling bloated and depleted from all the Summer activities and heat? It is easy to fall off track and forget to take care of yourself. Balancing life and work is not easy.
According to Ayurvedic medicine, the traditional holistic medicine of India, Fall is the perfect time to cleanse and release the stored heat that the body has accumulated over the summer months.
Otherwise, if the heat is not released in the Fall, weight gain, poor digestion, fatigue, sickness, and flu is likely to occur in the winter months. If not, sooner! There are a lot of people already getting sick!
Emotionally, if the heat accumulates in the body and is not released, nervousness, stress, and feelings of irritability and anger are likely to occur.
In Chinese medicine, there is a similar principle. The fall represents a time of release and letting go. In the fall, we cleanse the lungs and the large intestine. Every organ is related to an emotion. The lungs represent grief and sadness while the large intestine represents guilt and regret.
LUNGS: The lungs are vital when it comes to cleansing as you release so many toxins through your breath. The lungs are also necessary for the release of toxins through your skin. Plus, if the lungs are weak, the immune system suffers.
LARGE INTESTINE: If the large intestine (colon) is burdened with overgrowth of yeast, bacteria or pathogens, then toxins can circulate and cause mucus build up in the intestinal wall. The buildup can affect every organ in your body and your overall health. By clearing out toxic waste in the colon, you can reduce rashes, acne, skin problems, and improve the quality of your health. Roughly 95% of your serotonin – the happy hormone – is manufactured in your intestines. A healthy intestine means a happy you.
Here are a few tips if you feel like you are “too busy” to commit right now.
- Drink warm water with lemon in the morning.
- Drink a green smoothie, juice or salads high in GREEN color. Collards, Kale, Spinach etc.
- Go for low glycemic fruit such as berries and a green apple.
- Take a bath with lavender oil and epsom salt. Try to body brush before.
- Drink aloe vera water 4 oz. for a healthy belly.
- Ditch the sugar and processed foods.
- Stop stressing out!
- Chew your food. (Sign Up for the FREE 14-Day Chew Your Food Challenge)
- Drink water 30 minutes before a meal vs with a meal. If needed only drink 1/2 glass of water so it won’t interfere in digesting your food.
- Get proper rest and outsource help if needed. You will have more energy and feel focused.
Stay tuned for my Fall Clean Eating Program. It is going to be full of healthy belly tips that will leave you feeling like a teenager again! 🙂