This Autumn Harvest Salad is colorful, crunchy and tasty. It is super easy to prepare and transport for holiday gatherings. Photo credit from two figs.
Did you know that if you eat seasonally you are creating a solid foundation for optimal immune support, better digestion and healthy gut flora? Eating seasonally has been researched to balance out your digestive tract for healthy immune and digestion. Why not focus on creating good bacteria vs excess bad bacteria.
Try making this Autumn Harvest Salad for Thanksgiving.
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash, diced
- 1-2 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- 2-3 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 firm pear or apple, diced
- ½ cup Zante Currants
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts or walnuts, lightly roasted
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa (optional)
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Combine all ingredients and make a delicious and tasty salad.
Pairs nicely with a dry white wine. Please let me know how you like it! What are you serving for Thanksgiving?
Lets share our healthy recipes for optimal living!