So, what is the deal with oil pulling? First off, cleaning your mouth and tongue, first thing in the morning (before coffee, water or brushing your teeth) will help remove excess toxins and bacteria from your bloodstream. The thicker the white coat, the more toxic you are. The less white coat; the less toxic you are. Do this daily.
Oil Pulling Has Many Benefits
Oil pulling is derived from an ancient practice called Ayurvedic medicine. Ayurveda is an Indian dietary theory and lifestyle.
Winter, is the best time of year to do oil pulling due to excess viruses and airborne bacteria.
Benefits Of Oil Pulling:
- Oil pulling naturally attacks microbes and bacteria in your mouth and in your gut. The basic idea is to cleanse out the toxins in your mouth, which is one of the thirstiest places of the human body, hence where bacteria can enter.
Most dentist will state, “a clean mouth is a healthy body.” So, let’s take charge of our health from the inside out.
Oil pulling is best when you use Coconut oil which contains lauric acid. Lauric acid (1/2 the fat within coconut oil) has strong antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. I love to cook with raw coconut oil and add it to my smoothies too. It is best to oil pull on an empty stomach.
2. Better oral hygiene. Oil pulling will help reduce bacteria (lauric acid in coconut oil). Resulting in reducing tooth decay, freshen breath and help prevent gingivitis caused by plaque build up.
How to oil pull: Start off using 1 teaspoon or raw coconut oil, swish the oil in your mouth, in between cracks, for 5-20 minutes. Do not swallow this as it will liquify and contain toxins that you will be spitting out.
3. Oil pulling has been known to make your teeth whiter by removing excess bacteria and toxins in your mouth.
4. Oil pulling has been known to reduce inflammation by removing toxins you swallow that enter your bloodstream. Reducing inflammation can prevent possible diseases and illnesses.
5. Oil pulling has been known to increase energy due to naturally detoxing your body.
6. Oil pulling has been known to reduce headaches and migraines and increase mental clarity.
Use oil pulling while you are detoxing, clean eating and removing all toxic beauty products, NSAID’s and food that cause general inflammation.
For the next 7 days, I challenge you to do OIL PULLING. Are you up for this? Every morning you will start off (after tongue scraping) by oil pulling.
You can start with a minimum of five minutes to twenty minutes. If twenty is too long, then begin with five minutes. 🙂
To supercharge your oil pulling try adding in certified essential oils. Clove essential oil is my favorite! Clove essential oil is known for eliminating bacteria and commonly used in dental offices to fight off bacteria.
Please notice, how you feel after oil pulling and tongue scraping. You might feel more focused. Your digestive system may seem less bloated. You might feel a different sensation when kissing your partner too! Please share on how your oil pulling is making you feel. 🙂
What are you going to do to AMPLIFY your health this year?