I’m grateful you are here! My story is simple. My family is originally from Granada, Nicaragua. I am first generation, born in San Francisco, California.
Growing up, we were surrounded by a lot of family, friends, whole food, and a lot of colorful Latin music. My grandparents would take me shopping for fresh produce in the Mission District (which was really clean back then!). I am grateful for the opportunity I’ve had; being surrounded by such a rich culture full of life and pure authentic food.
I worked my way through college – always striving for the best. I’ve worked with some of the top Silicon Valley firms; and always gave them my heart and soul.
I checked off all the boxes that society said would make me successful. Get an education. Work hard. Make money. I did all those things. Yet something was missing! It was a great ride, however, I started to feel the crunch.
My health became compromised. I was diagnosed having a Gluten intolerance and other lifestyle issues that were taxing my body. Over the last decade I have researched the correlation on how lifestyle – working hard and playing hard will eventually tax your body, mind and soul. After some serious soul searching; I knew I needed to LIVE my passion. I wanted nothing else than to be healthy and help others disease proof their life. I wanted to be a good wife. I wanted to be a good mother. Supportive daughter and yet still care for myself. I was hooked on wanting more information on how nutrition and lifestyle are all connected to your overall health.
Inspired by my own health journey and career change my continued education has led me to become an Educator on Promoting Wellness.
A few things you should know about me:
- I like to live life! I follow a (mostly) 80% plant based organic diet. 20% normal decadent feel good diet: good wine and good cheese a must! And of course, nothing wrong with cutting loose here and there!
- I have run several 10k’s, ½ marathons and a marathon. I’m passionate about traveling; exploring other cultures’ food. Love cooking, running, yoga, paddle boarding, skiing, swimming, boxing, music, dancing, and am an overall outdoor enthusiast.
- When I make a decision, I am 150% dedicated in sticking to my commitments.
- I give my all to my relationships and nurture my friendships.
- I will bend over backwards for you to get you the help you need. Ask anyone who knows me!
- I am self motivated.
- I will never stop learning and loving.
To your health!