As the holidays ramp up the christmas cookies, fudge, booze are all flowing in abundance. Stress eating kicks in as the holidays can cause overwhelm for many. The booze, belly bloat and stress eating take over. We must address post weekend sugar detox tips before we become addicted to sugar leaving us feeling moody and depleted.
Lets face it; this time of year you are tempted to at least try the amazing baked goods. Sugar cookies are my favorite. Especially, when they are infused with lavender essential oil. They are naughty..but nice. 🙂
Everywhere I go these days there is maple fudge, chocolate and holiday cookies. I always find myself tempted to at least try one piece. Which sets me off for the entire sugar rollercoaster. I then crave more sugar and more caffeine.
My taste buds are actually changing. My dopamine is getting a quick rush from the white (GF) flour and sugar. I can actually feel the warm sensation in my brain! I then find myself wanting a warm cup of coffee to complement the sugar. The end results leave me with a sugar hangover and craving a sweet after dinner. I have to remind myself that sugar is a false buffer; just like alcohol is. We enjoy it for a moment…then need to recover from the hangover or cravings. This can be exhausting!
The solution to kicking your sugar cravings to the curb are the following:
8 Tips to kicking your sugar cravings:
- Start the morning off by drinking warm water with 1/2 a lemon and Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Visualize your day and what you are going to absorb throughout the day. Sugar VS Greens?
- Write down how you want to feel today – which will set you up for healthy habits throughout the week.
- Drink a green smoothie daily. Lots of leafy greens for fiber and to create an alkaline environment.
- Water. Hydrate..hydrate..hydrate. Add lemon, mint or cucumber to your water for weight loss.
- Have a green juice every morning – revitalize your cells.
- Use Slim & Sassy Essential oil daily to help offset your cravings. This totally works! Use 3-5 drops in your water 3/day and you will quickly notice your sugar cravings subside. This essential oil is a nice blend of grapefruit peel, lemon peel, ginger root, peppermint plant and cinnamon bark.
- Exercise. Hit the gym, sweat out the toxins, get the cells revitalized and blood flowing. Move your body daily.
Slim and Sassy Primary Benefits:
Helps manage hunger cravings*
Calms your stomach and lifts your mood
Diuretic, stimulant, and calorie free
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
You can order your little gem here.
I hope these tips have been helpful. Lets get you back on track and increase your energy, mental clarity and feel jazzed this week!