Ring in the New Year with delicious food and YOU. This recipe is a celebration of delicious food, nourishing food and YOU. There is no deprivation here.
In order to have a lifelong love affair with your body, you have to fall in love with food. Real, fresh, seasonal, mouth-watering whole food.
Food that is bursting with flavor. Food that leaves you satisfied.
I want to help YOU ring in the New Year with mouth-watering food that will please your taste buds, your body, and keep you feeling and looking great.
HALIBUT IN TOMATO & ARTICHOKE BROTH
ADAPTED FROM A RECIPE BY GIADA DE LAURENTIIS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets (wild is best)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus more for seasoning fish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen artichokes, thawed (canned artichokes will work, too)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
Halibut is a mild and meaty. Perfect for fish stew and this tangy broth. I highly suggest trying this recipe to gather with friends and family to ring in the New Year.
Serves 4 people.
This is the perfect side dish, low glycemic and will not spike your blood sugar levels. 🙂
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets (about 6-7 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chopped chives
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer cauliflower to a food processor.
In a small saucepan, heat the garlic, coconut oil, coconut milk, salt and pepper until heated through.
Puree the cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor. Add the heated coconut milk mixture to the processor, along with 1 tablespoon of chives, and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Sprinkle with remaining chives before serving.
Serves 2-4 people.
Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year! Celebrate this evening with a mouth watering experience that will leave you feeling satiated and peaceful.