Spring Break survival tips for busy families was created with the intention to help families keep it together. Have you ever been on Spring Break and wondered how am I going to survive? How to juggle work and keep the kiddos entertained?
Please allow me to share 5 Spring Break Survival Tips For Busy Families. You can use these tips Pre and Post Spring Break. The bottom line is keeping our kids safe, healthy, and radiant from the inside out.
As a Certified Health Coach, I am always sensitive on how much sugar is consumed on a daily basis. I also need to watch for food sensitivities such as gluten. Otherwise, our son will quickly turn from being calm to a walking tornado. Here are my parental tips on keeping children calm, happy and enjoying Spring Break VS constant self sabotaging habits for all.
5 Spring Break Survival Tips:
- Sleep. Make sure your kiddo gets enough sleep prior to traveling. Sleep is one of our greatest assets to ensure for an emotionally balanced and playful day.The most recent study is the sleep allows the body to eliminate built up toxins during the day. Keep your room dark, calm and diffuse essential oils for deeper sleep.
- Protein. As the old saying goes “You are what you Eat” make sure to get a clean (non-conventional source of protein) within your day. Eggs, Nut or Sunflower Seed Butter, Hummus, Edamame, Tofu, Organic Dairy will ensure for less mood swings and less tummy aches.
- Hydrate. I love adding fresh lemon, lime or lemon essential oil to our son’s water. You can even make a natural sports drink by adding water to fresh pineapple or apple juice and a dash of Himalayan sea salt for trace minerals. Try using fresh juice vs concentrated corn syrup juice.
- Sunscreen. Use a natural sunscreen and apply throughout the day. Re-apply…and re-apply. I love using EWG’s sunscreen guide for safe non-toxic sunscreen. Skin cancer is on the rise and can be prevented; as can reducing your toxic load.
- Essential Oils. Use them! I never leave home without them. Bug bite = lavender oil. Restless at night = lavender oil. Funky airplane smell = lemon oil (add it to the vent).
I hope these tips have been helpful. Wishing you a healthy Spring Break and time to reflect and restore for all. For more on trying to keep it together as a mama and NOT feeling way out of whack…grab my FREE e-Book on Balancing Your Hormones Naturally HERE.